Up until about a week ago, I thought pocketbook slippers were so named because they could be easily tucked into a pocketbook. When I finally seen them in their flattened state I realized maybe they were so named because they look like mini pocketbooks. Regardless of how they got their name, they are incredibly easy to make and will make an ideal donation project for the homeless shelters and rest homes.
Although these don’t have them yet, I think I will add the puffy paint dots to the bottoms of these as I’d done with my sister’s slippers. My sister loved her’s by the way.
The pattern for the slippers and the pattern for the daisies came from . and
Jiminy Crickets! What was I thinking?
Okay. I was thinking it looked light enough that I could alter items made with it with dyes and probably can just it won’t be as true a color had it been white.
It’s a LOT of yarn and it was an awesome deal on it and I wanted to make some more things from cotton and and and and
One headband is crocheted (pattern by Tina Rodriguez) the other knitted (pattern by Teresa Harmon). They and many others can be found on Ravelry Dot Com
Onto the next yellow item!
This time I used size 3 100% mercerized cotton, in white. After the top was finished, I dyed it with Rit’s sunshine orange (thought it’d be gold like that on the bottle but, it wound up being an incredible orange which matched another color in the fabric so I wasn’t bummed at all…actually, I like the boldness of the color more than the thought of the gold), and allowed it to air dry. The buttons were covered in some of the same fabric. This was made using the same pattern as the previous version ( http://setcieboutique.canalblog.com/archives/modeles_gratuits___free_patterns/index.html (the site is in a language other than english but there is an english version of the pattern…scroll down until you find it)).
While taking advantage of some super ebay auctions on yarn I wound up with quite an abundance of red Red Heart yarn. It didn’t seem like such a bad thing until I gathered it all up to continue with my projects. I only thought I was sick of pink. I will happily go back to pink (if I had to) after I’m done with all the red. I was tootlin’ along in my needlework, using various colors but the red, in its’ vast pile, loomed over me like a menacing cloud…the red cloud of doom. I HAD to do something to reduce the amount of it, and soon. I first thought to just hide it but, like any other messes, you still know they’re there and they must be dealt with and the longer you wait, the larger they seem. Well, I have put a dent in it and will now work on something else, coming back to the red periodically. Gosh! It was all still a good deal and I am glad I got it. I reckon I’d feel the same had it been all of any color.
Afghan (actually, a pillowghan) made using Chris Simon’s 12×12 square flower burst pattern