While taking advantage of some super ebay auctions on yarn I wound up with quite an abundance of red Red Heart yarn. It didn’t seem like such a bad thing until I gathered it all up to continue with my projects. I only thought I was sick of pink. I will happily go back to pink (if I had to) after I’m done with all the red. I was tootlin’ along in my needlework, using various colors but the red, in its’ vast pile, loomed over me like a menacing cloud…the red cloud of doom. I HAD to do something to reduce the amount of it, and soon. I first thought to just hide it but, like any other messes, you still know they’re there and they must be dealt with and the longer you wait, the larger they seem. Well, I have put a dent in it and will now work on something else, coming back to the red periodically. Gosh! It was all still a good deal and I am glad I got it. I reckon I’d feel the same had it been all of any color.
Afghan (actually, a pillowghan) made using Chris Simon’s 12×12 square flower burst pattern