This time I used size 3 100% mercerized cotton, in white. After the top was finished, I dyed it with Rit’s sunshine orange (thought it’d be gold like that on the bottle but, it wound up being an incredible orange which matched another color in the fabric so I wasn’t bummed at all…actually, I like the boldness of the color more than the thought of the gold), and allowed it to air dry. The buttons were covered in some of the same fabric. This was made using the same pattern as the previous version ( http://setcieboutique.canalblog.com/archives/modeles_gratuits___free_patterns/index.html (the site is in a language other than english but there is an english version of the pattern…scroll down until you find it)).
It wound up being a faster project than I expected. Yaaaaay!
Sandrine Bianco’s Summer Dress Pattern Direct link to the pdf of the English version of the pattern Please be aware although the pattern isn’t at all difficult it may prompt a bit of head scratchin’ and HUH? Do a WHAAAAAAT? and maybe even unraveling a time or two ’cause you wound up with 8 short at the end of the dividing row, it’ll click eventually.
After seeing this beautiful yoke pattern, I decided to give it a try. I had to do a bit of adjusting of the pattern because I was wanting it to fit a 15 month old little girl. For the most part, the part that counts, the stitch pattern, it is the same….just not as big. It wound up being incredibly easy to follow and an insanely fast project…the crocheted yoke, that is. After finishing the yoke, I searched for more yoke patterns and came upon Regina Gees blogspot. She’d successfully, and quite beautifully combined a completed yoke, from the above pattern, to fabric for the perfect Summer dress.
I wound up making a second one. I was so excited about the pattern that I made the first one before getting my grand daughter’s measurements. The first was about 3″ shy of her chest width. I couldnt’ bring myself to unravel it. I think I’ll add something to each end to extend it.
The yoke that is laying on top of the pink fabric is the first one. I took a shot of it so you can see it opened. I wanted it to meet in the middle of the back and attach buttons so it would be easier to get on and off. I think I’ll make a few more in other colors.
Here are my renditions of the yoke and the dress (and a little purse, to hold important stuff, to match):